top of page

Evelyn Educates Group

Public·71 members
Bryan Bork
Bryan Bork

Hello I Love You YIFY

Real emotion, it gives you a glimpse of what its like to be an ofw worker, more so being a domestic helper.Teaching one that inorder for you to love others, you need to love yourself first.You need to choose your own happiness

Hello I Love You YIFY

This is the best pinoy movie ever. The characters are superb. Kathryn Bernardo and Alden Richards performance was the best. There is no boring moments in the movie. It's a must watch for everyone. Kathryn Bernardo played the role of Joy a Filipino worker in Hong Kong who is struggling and doing odd jobs to take care of her family. On the other hand Alden Richards played the role of Ethan a funny and unserious bartender who later crossed path with Joy and the story of their undying love begins. The story is not just another pinoy love story. It's a story that shows the struggle of all OFW . I was touched and move by the acting of Kathryn Bernardo and Alden Richards. They made it possible for me to relate with the movie. I'm not a Filipino but I was able to get every piece of the movie because of their wonderful onscreen chemistry. Kudos to the cast and crew. Good job Director Molina. I wouldn't mind to travel again for the part 2 of this movie. It's worth my time and my money. More movies for this duos please. I would always travel with my family to watch their movie onscreen. More movies for Kathryn Bernardo and Alden Richards please. They've won my heart.

Wonderful music and sumptuous color mark this great 1943 film. The song You'll Never Know won the academy award that year and deservedly so.This is a sparkling musical where John Payne really shines as Johnny Cornell, a street hustler, who goes from rags to riches. While I thought that Clark Gable would have been fabulous in the part, Payne is quite good here.Alice Faye seemed to just get better and better. Continuing her tradition in "Alexander's Rag Time Band," she goes through a lot to get her man.Jack Haley and June Havoc give great musical support to Payne and Fay. Havoc looks just like Lucille Ball in several scenes. Hard to believe that just 4 years later, she portrayed Jewish secretary Elaine Wales in "Gentleman's Agreement." I guess that's what acting is all about.The devil here is Lynn Bari, a socialite from Knob Hill who is wiped out only to marry an up and coming Cornell and then take him for a financial ride.Of course, love conquers all at the end but you will feel so good after seeing this film. They just don't make musicals like this anymore.

This was an engaging musical, though I must admit that this is probably my least familiar genre. While I like the occasional musical, they aren't something I rush to see.John Payne and Alice Faye star in this Fox film. They are partners along with Jack Oakie and June Havoc and they hit the big time thanks to their musical talents as well as Payne's amazing business sense. It seems to everyone except Payne that Faye is in love with him, but the big dope never recognizes her for her decency and charm. Instead, he has the eyes for selfish Lynn Bari--mostly because she is rich and well-heeled and a place in society is what Payne wants most. However, the marriage is a bust and Bari does nothing except bleed Payne's bank accounts. Now destitute, poor long-suffering Faye returns to help him back on his feet as the movie fades.The story of a man too blind to see love and too proud to ask for help is familiar and I've seen it a few times already--so the plot was awfully familiar and predictable. However, despite this, it was entertaining and my wife, who hates old musicals, actually sat through the film and enjoyed it. Also, the choice of songs is excellent--with many old hits. Not among the very best musicals, but still very good. And, unlike me, if you love the genre, then this is a must-see film.

"She's definitely weird, but like a good weird." Doris Miller (Field) has just lost her mother and reason for living. She isn't sure what to do now, stuck in a job and spending her nights with her friend Roz and Vivian. One day while heading to work she sees John (Greenfield) and everything changes. She falls in love with him and wants to find the courage to talk to him. Little by little Doris opens up and finds her confidence, and begins to find herself again. This is a movie that flips the norm on its head. This movie deals with an older woman trying to pursue a younger man. Sally Field gives one of her best performances to date and really plays this character perfectly. You feel sorry for her but not to the point of pity, and really root for her but also cringe a few times at her actions. This is at its core a funny and moving romantic comedy, but it deals more with self discovery than the pursuit of love itself. That is refreshing to see and because of that it actually felt fresh. Overall, just a really nice movie with a great performance by Sally Field. I give this a B.

First 70 minutes: 9 stars. I marveled over the chemistry between Hepburn and Tracy, and even more over her character, who is a highly sophisticated, intelligent, strong, funny, and romantic woman. She calls the shots, interviews heads of state, flies all over the world, speaks what seems like every language, and can hold her own drinking Scotch. At the same time, she falls for this salty sports reporter and her body language and affection for him are so tender, including when she re-assures him that he won't feel like a weekend guest while staying in her apartment on their honeymoon night with a wonderful little hint of seductiveness, and when she says "hello daddy" in a baby voice when he comes home one night. My favorite bit of dialogue was this though, where he shows such interest and acceptance of her; the way that they look at each other is wonderful:Hebpurn: Well, we're alone. Talk. You do have something to talk about?Tracy: Yeah, yeah. You. You. I'd like to know what you like and don't like, and how you feel about being you.Hepburn: I feel very good about it. Always have. I like knowing more about what goes on than most people.Tracy: And telling them.Hepburn: Yeah, and telling them.Last 45 minutes: 5 stars. The film starts unraveling with Hepburn's rash decision to adopt a refugee, not because that's a bad thing (it's a great thing), but because she does so without telling her husband, or without the slightest thought to actually caring for the child. It spirals from there until that horrific prolonged ending scene, where this intelligent, brilliant woman fumbles around in the kitchen, apparently not knowing how to use a toaster. It's, quite frankly, god-awful on every possible level.The message is loud and clear: if a woman chooses to focus on a career, she will neglect her husband, not have a clue about raising kids, and be incompetent at performing wifely tasks like making breakfast. It's terribly insulting, and undoes a lot of the great things it did in the first 70 minutes. Hepburn's character wins the "Woman of the Year" award, but it's ironically Tracy who is showcased as award-worthy, for having put up with the "difficult case" of his wife, remained level-headed, and taught her a good lesson in what it takes to have a good marriage.The only small saving grace is that his character suggests she can have both, a career and a family, as long as she doesn't go to extremes in either. It's only too bad the film didn't simply show us how women can do this balancing just as well as men, but it was 1942, and a lot of people - including those in powerful positions - were simply not ready for this message.

... then start here, where they were introduced to each other and fell in love. You can actually feel that love in their performances. Tracy plays a sportswriter, Sam Craig, not a particularly well traveled man or a deep thinker. Hepburn plays Tess Harding, an international affairs correspondent, and with the world at war there is much to correspond about. Thus she runs around at a dizzying pace and I lost count of how many languages Tess spoke. Her mother died when she was an infant, and she grew up globetrotting with her father, and only returned to America as an adult.Tess and Sam meet when they have a war of words in their articles over baseball, and when the editor tells them to make up, that is when they begin seeing each other. Now Tess doesn't hide how busy she is, or how full her apartment often is of people from all over the world that she knows, yet Sam marries her and I get the feeling that he is disappointed that nothing changes. Their wedding being practically a drive through affair should have given him a hint.So naturally the marriage eventually fails when Sam walks out. That is Tess' first surprise. Her second surprise is when the woman she has patterned herself after for years and years, Ellen Whitcomb (Fay Bainter), makes a totally unexpected, but not unwelcome, move. How does this all work out? Watch and find out.I'm not sure this film is ultimately sexist or feminist. It does look like the script was trying to paint Hepburn's character as an ice queen, and she just acted her way out of being portrayed in that fashion. She ultimately plays it as a person who, if she takes up a task, goes all the way with it, right down to the humorous scene where she tries to make breakfast and acts like every utensil in the kitchen is from another planet, yet she persists in the face of hilarious adversity and inexperience. However, if you turn the roles of Sam and Tess around, you could say this was a feminist film, maybe giving men a dose of their own 1942 medicine when they expected women to just live with whatever work schedule the man had, even if they sat home alone at nights.I'd highly recommend this as one of the great romantic films, and they didn't make many of those during WWII outside of Casablanca.

Gerald is a steadfast believer in the inviolable right of every citizen to freedom of expression. Writing about online privacy and security without any regard for political correctness is his way to counter the instruments threatening our liberty. In his spare time, he loves to binge watch Netflix, anime and play video games. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

• Phoenix Grace
    Phoenix Grace
  • Pricemint Help
    Pricemint Help
  • Kai Amald
    Kai Amald
  • jakewoods319
  • Augustus Cuthbert
    Augustus Cuthbert
bottom of page